There are more than one billion Windows 10 users. Many users love to play games on Windows 10. It is possible that you want to play games on Windows 10, but your Windows 10 runs slow. There are many methods to Optimize Windows 10 for gaming. Today, we are going to speed up your Windows 10, if you follow our ways.
Windows 10 has many features for gaming; we can declare that Windows 10 is the best OS for gaming. Here are the five methods to optimize your laptop.
Disable Peer to Peer Updates
It will take a lot of time and time wasting for users. Also, when you turn on Windows 10 updates, it will take more memory and will slow your Windows 10. Here you can disable Windows 10 Updates:
- Go to Start Menu > Type “Settings“.
- Open Settings > Select update and Security.
- Click on Advanced Options.
- Scroll Down and turn On Pause Button.
- Go back and Check Updates pause for 35 days. (Enjoy!)
Update graphics card drivers in Windows 10
Nvidia, AMD, and Radeon are the great graphics cards. Nvidia graphics cards are still better than other in performance. It does not matter, just need to update your graphics card drivers if suitable for your Windows 10.
Refresh the video connector driver, and the sound card driver is essential as in some cases a straightforward driver refresh can enhance the execution of more seasoned amusements too.
Disable the Nagle’s Algorithm using Windows 10 Registry
Using the Nagle’s Algorithm can causes problems while running the online games in Windows 10. The reason for disabling the Nagle is because it provides the unsmooth internet. Follow the steps to Disable Nagle’s Algorithm:
- Go to Start Menu> Type Run.
- In the Run, write regedit and hit enter.
- Registry Editor will open now.
- Simple, in the Registry editor Window, Press ctrl+F.
- In the search box, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interface.
- Or you can manually find the Interface by expanding.
- You can see few files there.
- Now Go to Control Panel > Open Network and Internet > Click on Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on Connections> Details > see the IPv4 Address.
- Match the Ipv4 address and address in the files.
- Find the Ipv4 address and match it with the files shown in Interfaces.
- Open each file and match the DHCP IP address with Ipv4 address.
- Right-click on the folder in an interface (folder in which you found the ip address).
- New > DWORD (32) Value.
- Two times right click and create two files.
- Name the files as “TcpAckFrequency” And “TCPNoDelay.”
- Double click on both files and set the value 1 to both data.
In this way, you can disable the Nagle’s Algorithm, and it is one of these best methods to optimize Windows 10 for gaming.
Adjust Windows for Best Performance
Sometimes your Windows 10 Settings are not suitable for giving best performance on games. For example, if you want to play on Windows, play online games and more. For this, you must have good performance in your Windows 10.
- Open Control Panel> System.
- Advanced System Settings> System properties.
- In System Properties, click on Advanced
- In the Performance Settings, check on the “Adjust for Best Performance.”
Change your Power Plan Settings
Sometimes, when you play online games on Windows 10, you may need to change the power plan settings to get better performance while playing games.
Open the Control Panel > Search for the power plan. Select High Performance.
What have we concluded?
In this article, we have seen that how to optimize Windows 10 for gaming. It does not matter you play installed games or online games on the laptop. If you follow the above methods, you will get maximum high performance while playing games. If you have any problem, let us know in the Comments.